View Single Post
Old September 6 2013, 10:38 PM   #7
Kirk the Jerk
Rear Admiral

Re: Idea: Star Trek Short Films Project

BrentMc wrote: View Post
Kirk the Jerk wrote: View Post
What in a sort of Lost-style one or two characters per episode/short movie? Including flashbacks and a new story in each.. Yeah I could see that working again if done in the right way, even though I hated Lost
You wouldn't have to have flashbacks, such as people saying "remember when" etc. They could just be short films set whenever you want (as far as makeup would allow an actor to appear younger or older). They could be written and directed by different people, so some could be with just a few characters, but you could do another with a large cast. Maybe later I will have time to type up some concepts to give you a better idea of what I mean.
Would love to see what you have in mind. I think I meant more towards the idea of starting each with some sort of flashback relevant to the character maybe 1/2 minutes and that's it, not keep dipping in and out of random ones. Or the 'flashback' could be set a few years after we last saw them so you wouldn't necessarily have to make them look younger and just continue from there. Lost was a really bad example
Kirk the Jerk is offline   Reply With Quote