View Single Post
Old September 6 2013, 08:06 PM   #112
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

Re: Blu Rays Aspect Ratio Question

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
Sorry, when I posted last night I hadn't noticed your video clip, yet. But frankly, I can't help but wonder why you seriously used this hilarious piece of can-only-do-4:3-propaganda.
Propaganda only presents one side of an argument. It uses selective facts and is often emotionally manipulative. The Energized! doc on Season One puts forth an entirely rational argument why 4:3 was chosen and even shows you how 16:9 would look. If that's propaganda, then the videos I posted are too.

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
There is a talented artist named Justin Olson who made rather fantastic 16:9 visualizations of the Starbase 74 scenes (and extended Mr. Probert's docking procedure matte painting, based on the original ILM widescreen studio shot of this scene - Mr. Probert thought it looked great and wouldn't mind its use in any future widescreen release of TNG).
Yeah, I know the guy. He's okay I guess.