View Single Post
Old September 6 2013, 06:18 PM   #253
USS Mariner
Rear Admiral

View USS Mariner's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to USS Mariner Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to USS Mariner
Re: ROBOCOP remake finds its director and star

Ethros wrote: View Post
Also, he just gets blown up?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWmHrjWhCKU

Hardly the horribly tense original. "I got this problem see, cops don't like me... so I don't like cops..."

Who's he gonna get revenge on for what happened to him? Yeah maybe the guy who set up the bomb, but it's hardly the same as targeting the gang members who horrifically gunned him down in cold blood.
Calling it now.

It was OCP. They see him as the "ideal" candidate. Probably Sam Jackson's character pulls some crime strings to get his car targeted.

Not even kidding.

davejames wrote: View Post
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that the exploding car is just a convenient way to avoid having the kind of gruesome, R-rated killing of Murphy we saw in the original.

And the more I think about it, the more ridiculous and impractical the human hand seems to be. It most likely wouldn't have the same kind of strength as the robotic one, which means anytime Robo has to punch through a wall or lift up a car or something, he'll be restricted to using just one hand. And it could also be easily broken in a fall or in battle, or crushed under the immense weight of the armor if he landed on it wrong.
As bad as the sequels ARE, Robocop 2 and 3 both explain that Murphy's skull is metal (IMO it's more likely that they simply replaced his entire jaw and plated-up his skull. His eyes might actually BE fakes, given that "his" perspective is a CRT monitor) and that his face is stretched over it to prevent the insta-suicides that we see in Robocop 2.

Like you said, having an organic hand on an artificially enhanced arm is just asking for trouble.

Subspace Commns Network ~ Visit Marinina!
USS Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote