View Single Post
Old September 6 2013, 01:38 AM   #92
neoworx
Lieutenant

Re: Photo request -- Enterprise hangar deck studio miniature

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
@ ZapBrannigan

Apparently you are not the "last man on the planet" not to be capable to do a proper photoanalysis as this would be me.

Noticing what seem or are discrepancies and asking questions about these is "horribly wrong". I don't think the real Rod Serling (RIP) would have ever approved such an attitude.

Bob
It's a difficult thing to get your head around so I certainly understand the confusion. Think of it like this. You are assuming that the camera is in the same place and pointed in the same direction in all the shots, ie: along the center line of the deck. I am assuming that in the two "Wall" photos that the camera is first moved left and is pointed to the port wall and then the opposite way in the second.

Imagine standing 20 feet out from your garage door along its center axis. Looking forward, you'll see things slightly differently than if you move slightly left or right. You see the same stuff, but not in the same way.

That's what I think is happening here.

As for shots that are done right down the center, a normal lens would yield one type of detail while a wide angle would yield another. A telephoto would yield yet a third field of view. You can shoot with all three lenses and get the same structures in the shots, but all three will look different. Specifically, things on different planes will "move" relative to other structures.

Last edited by neoworx; September 6 2013 at 01:50 AM.
neoworx is offline   Reply With Quote