View Single Post
Old September 5 2013, 06:20 PM   #39
KaraBear
Captain

Re: Thoughts on Season 2

teya wrote: View Post
KaraBear wrote: View Post
teya wrote: View Post

First Europeans, then the US Government used the belief that American Indians were not fully human as justification for genocide.

"Tattoo" posits that American Indians lacked speech (unlike other humans) and needed additional alien DNA in order to surivive and thrive.

In other words, we were the stupid humans. Too stupid to develop language without an injection of additional alien DNA.

ETA: This isn't even taking into account the idiocy of finding a tribe of RFA Indians in the Central American rainforest.

Don't see any other humans in Star Trek sporting forehead ridges...
in all fairness they're talking about a fictional tribe, one tribe, not every native american. who didn't have forehead ridges either

the way I saw it, the aliens came and saw a species in a certain state of evolution and sped it up, that doesn't mean that speach and technology wouldn't have evolved anyway, they just came at the point before that.

star trek says we all came from aliens, I think that's pretty cool actually
What I bolded, that's the problem.

I'm a Homo sapiens, just like you.

We are not separate species.
nobody is saying we're separate species, and nobody is referring to you, it's a fictional tribe

and sorry, but I still don't see why aliens speeding up the evolution is a problem. If they hadn't come around they would have evolved anyway. They just made it happen faster
KaraBear is offline   Reply With Quote