View Single Post
Old September 5 2013, 06:02 PM   #93
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Blu Rays Aspect Ratio Question

trekker670 wrote: View Post
Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
And frankly I'm really getting tired of the Mona Lisa comparisons, it's really not appropriate to compare the accomplishments of Leonardo Da Vinci with what is essentially a TV show, IMHO. (though I do love TNG).
True, one is a bunch of splashes of paint on a canvas made by a single person, while the other is 176 living stories created and recreated by a team of hundreds of people with great care and precision.

It's all a matter of opinion
If the goal is to get the stories out to the masses so they can enjoy them. Then it should be important to offer it in a way that they want to consume it.

Full-frame is fine for someone like me, born in 1971 and accustomed to the format. Another five or ten years, you're going to have kids who are being born and will have never been exposed to 4:3 programming and keeping TNG framed as a 4:3 presentation only will make it look out of step with current programming.

I want TNG and the rest of Trek to live on, not fall by the wayside because of aspect ratio.