View Single Post
Old September 5 2013, 05:04 PM   #194
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Re: Oberth Class the missing link between Enterprise and Reliant

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
Praetor wrote: View Post
The model was featured to be 120 meters long in one of the most beautiful Star Trek VFX scenes I could possibly think of.
Which scene was that?
Never mind, it appears you are on a blue pill diet at the moment so I will leave it at that.
At the time I honestly couldn't think of a scene in which the size could be firmly extrapolated... unless your referring to the closing scene in "Generations"?

Thanks for the reminder. You illustrated a deck layout in one of the earlier posts but you assumed a rather high deck height which mustn't necessarily be the case here, IIRC.
True, but since redressed Enterprise refit bridge and redressed Enterprise-D corridors were used to represent two Oberth ships, we should conclude similar deck heights. If I find time, I'll revisit it, but Reverend's probably got it right at the size he pegged it at.

Agreed. I assume you would have loved to see such an airlock / docking ring on the Excelsior to help dertermine its "actual" size? I'm still excited that we have this feature for the TNG Oberth Class, at least.
I would - and I understand your excitement - it's just that I think there's enough evidence to think that the decal was added later, on TNG, so we don't know that it represents original size intent.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote