View Single Post
Old September 5 2013, 03:18 PM   #14
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: Wolverine & The X-Men (cartoon)

Chensams wrote: View Post
I loved the show, really wish it continued especially since it ends on a cliffhanger. I tried to watch the anime stuff but really couldn't get into it.
Dang it, this is going to end on a cliffhanger.

I watched a few more episodes last night. The one where Emma probes Logan's mind and he gets flashes of possibly killing a man and orphaning a little girl. Turns out it was Sabretooth and the man wasn't killed but brought in and he's Maverick. I'm rusty a bit on some X-Men lore, did Maverick have a daughter, does she become an X-Man at some point?
The episode where Scott goes off half-cocked after Sinister having had a run in with Harpoon on the streets. An incident which really peeved off Logan. I thought the easter egg in that episode was great. As Scott brings Harpoon into the mansion family room Bobby is playing a video game. He's playing an Iron Man video game!! Nice.

Next was a follow-up Nightcrawler episode with the mutants on board the freighter ship Avalon as it reaches Genosha. Where we are introduced to Scarlet Witch and also indeed find out Magneto is not quite as benevolent as his PR would like others to think. Episode ends with a transitional segment at a hospital with a red head waking from a coma who can't remember who she is.

Someone mentioned a few posts back about the cartoon X-Men: Evolution. I looked into that one and they apparently did a S1 & S3 set, S2 seems to only have it broken up into 2-sets and S4 is solicited with no release imminent. I've been interested to watch this one also but will not until it's all released, preferably as a series set but I'm not holding my breath.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote