View Single Post
Old September 5 2013, 02:03 AM   #14
Jan
Commodore

Re: #FreeBabylon5 Campaign

FreezeC77 wrote: View Post
If this was fan-driven I wouldn't have a big issue, but it seems like something JMS is trying to push forward.

If B5 ends up back on the air isn't that more money in JMS's pocket? So it's not like he's without a horse in this race. Likewise if the 'buzz' then helps make it more possible for him to get a future project made.
Believe me, while it was *sparked* by JMS, he's not involved in any way at all. It's something he's said at convention appearances for quite a while but when the hashtag appeared the other night it seemed like a good time to try to organize something - especially after the energy at the Phoenix Comic-Con in May. As to your questions:

If B5 ends up back on the air, isn't that money in JMS' pocket? Yes, a little bit. Also all of the actors, directors and many of the key crew will also get residuals.

Likewise if the 'buzz' then helps make it more possible for him to get a future project made. Presumably you mean future Babylon 5 project? Yeah, maybe, but if so, that's far down the line. Might it also make the possibility of a Blu-ray more possible? Maybe.

The point of the campaign is to grow the fan base and show WB that there's money to be made. As a corporation, that's *all* they're interested in. If JMS and the folks who actually made the show get a few bucks too, I'm all for that.

Now then, I know there are folks here from all over the world. Look around and let me know if Babylon 5 is currently in reruns in your area and what station, if so? Thanks.

Jan
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote