View Single Post
Old September 4 2013, 10:48 AM   #363
Belz...
Fleet Captain

Re: Do fans want the prime timeline back?

Kirk the Jerk wrote: View Post
Almost NONE? I suggest you watch TWOK again if you're to stand by that comment.
Same comment: if you want to show that I'm wrong, you're going to have to put some effort into it. As fas as I know, the discovery of Khan and the bit with Spock and Kirk in the engine core are the only portions of the story that are similar in any way. There's nothing else in the story that's lifted from any other Trek story.

I don't ever recall watching an episode or movie that didn't have at least some sort of back story. Please tell me if I'm wrong.
That's not what you said. You said Trek is ABOUT a story, not that it has one.

I can think of hundreds of unexplored ideas etc.
In any timeline. What's special about the old one ? Bear in mind that they already made retcons about the old timeline in TNG and First Contact, Enterprise, etc.

Well done, I'm not saying we have to learn specific facts in a documentary way, I'm saying they could have done a great back story, introduced us to something different other than the action we were watching on screen. It felt hollow to me and if it didn't to you then that's great but I'm just giving my opinion.
Well in that case we have nothing to argue about. We simply disagree on that question.