View Single Post
Old September 3 2013, 08:56 PM   #849
Leto_II
Commander

Re: Season FOUR OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post
It makes me sad that we might have to buy extra discs to get good material (A direction taken with Star Trek Into Darkness that's pissing me off because it might become normal and that's scary)--
It's already normal.
What other products other than Star Trek makes you buy the same thing over and over just to get all the special features? Of course I don't buy many blu-rays/DVDs so I legitimately do not know, but I thought Star Trek was the only franchise that did this.
Yeah, it seems that Star Trek fans are the battered spouses of the entertainment industry...even moreso than ACTUAL battered spouses in the entertainment industry. This whole STID Blu-Ray issue is simply a cynical ploy by Paramount (and Bad Robot, according to later reporting) to appease the retail conglomerates while standing on the backs of the actual consumers.

(Which, sadly, I've reluctantly decided to go along with -- I preordered the Target version, since the Best Buy exclusives can be downloaded for free, and the video commentary track is included. Yes, I'm part of the problem. Don't weep for me.)
Leto_II is offline   Reply With Quote