View Single Post
Old September 3 2013, 07:38 PM   #121
DavetheAvatar
Ensign

Re: TF: Revelation and Dust by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

VDCNI wrote: View Post
Maybe - as I mentioned in my comments the twist at the end with who shows up on DS9 makes the Kira story a little more vital in terms of the overall storyline but that won't change the fact I didn't it find it that interesting and although not badly written it was very bland and there are many better books out there if you want to read about resistance movements and the like. With RBOE I thought the story was still interesting and well told despite what was done to Sisko so it isn't quite the same thing.
This pretty much sums up my feelings on the Kira story. The ending was a real surprise, but that doesn't change the fact I was always slightly disappointed when the story jumped back to her during the rest of the book.

It wasn't badly written, I was just struggling to care what happened to these people I would never see again.

Nan Bacco's death was the opposite. I saw where it was all going from the start and yet I was still shocked by the moment when it came. I have only started reading the Star Trek novels in the last year or so, so I read a lot involving her in a short space of time. Made it sting all the more, having just grown so attached. Definitely a character I will miss.

I've always been a fan of books that follow a series rather than one off stories, cannot wait to see where this is all headed. I am still curious what "The Fall" refers to.
DavetheAvatar is offline   Reply With Quote