View Single Post
Old September 3 2013, 04:29 PM   #85
bountifulboxesjeg
Vice Admiral

Re: If they made a 25th century TV series, would you watch it?

anh165 wrote: View Post
bbjeg wrote: View Post
^For now, true, but what happens when those new fans get tired of Kirk and Spock, a reboot reboot with NuNuKirk and NuNuSpock?
When 'new fans' become tired of the rebooted trek franchise, it will no longer make enough money and Trek will get shelved or rebooted again to a new generation of audiences.

The concept of Kirk, Spock and the original crew works on a popular culture level.

Captain No-body in the Starship el-camino only appeals to a few hundred viewers at best, that is no basis to risk millions of dollars to launch a new TV/Movie on.

Not to mention making Trek even less accessible and tasteless.
So all that's left for Star Trek for the rest of it's existence is Kirk and Spock reboots? I doubt that would be a financially sound idea. Also there is more than a few hundred Star Trek online subscribers, not to mention fans into books, the remaining old fans who, and the new fans who would check it out. Even the worst movies do better than a few hundred viewers, which I don't think a Star Trek movie without any familiar faces could do as badly. I would like to know how you found that statistic.
bountifulboxesjeg is offline   Reply With Quote