View Single Post
Old September 3 2013, 01:02 PM   #29
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Re: Where's the M/AM reaction in TOS Enterprise?

@ Boris

Many thanks for that quote from the Writer's Guide I had been previously and completely unaware of. Looks like I could have saved myself the effort coming up with this thread.

@ Masao

What is the purpose of your poll as you seem to be keen that participants remain unaware of or have forgotten the original TOS dialogue? Just beliefs and assumptions to be useful for what?
Is it a sociological experiment to see how retroactive continuity influences our memory of what we (could have) learned originally?

In this case it might have been a good idea to say so first, as I'm confident you've noticed in the various Trek Tech related threads (e.g. Romulan Bird of Prey) that it's virtually impossible to confine the content of such a thread to one exclusive topic (which I don't necessarily think is a bad thing and rather appreciate and enjoy the fresh ideas and inspiration that come out of it).

If a topic revolves around taste or conflicting issues which have been abundantly discussed, a poll is useful to approximate which "side" apparently had the better arguments or to grasp the audiences taste. But I'm honestly unable to see the conflicting or taste element in your poll.

Bob

Last edited by Robert Comsol; September 3 2013 at 01:19 PM.
Robert Comsol is online now   Reply With Quote