Old September 3 2013, 03:00 AM   #349
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Re: Kate Mulgrew - Orange is the New black

CAN'T FIX CRAZY... continued

AKA

"Sometimes that shit comes back around BIG TIME!!!!" by Nicky Nicholls

From the Teacake Collection:

Red is in the common room where the microwaves are. She's just taken out her "oodles of noodles" cup of soup and we can see she's made a rookie mistake. She didn't put enough water in and when she peels the top back all she sees is the sunken dehydrated tops of the noodle mass.

Can you tell I've eaten these once or twice in my life?

Red looks morose, and I don't think its just the noodles. So she walks over to the dining room and humbly gets in line with the other commoners, clutching her plastic drinking cup and her utensils.

The first thing you notice... the 2nd white woman in the serving line looks disgusted at her, but says nothing.

The next thing you notice is Silent Norma doing everything NOT to look at Red while she puts the bread on the tray, before passing it to the next server.

The next server, the last server, is Maria. She's the lady who gave birth 1+ month ago. SHE stares Red down as she places the tray on top of the glass counter, then boldly slides it down the line AWAY from Red.

Maria: NEXT.

Red has perpetrated THIS game often enough, she doesn't even quibble. She steps down the line until she comes face to face with Gloria, the NEW Tsar in the Kitchen.

Red stares at Gloria.

Gloria lifts her eyebrow ever so slightly as she stares back at Red.

No words are spoken.

None are needed.

Red very slowly shakes her head...

... before she turns and walks away from her last scene in season 1 of Orange is the New Black.

The scene ends on Gloria's stern face, still staring at the retreating Red before she lets out a minute sigh and turns her eyes back to the serving line.

The power play is over, her team scored and now she has a kitchen to run.

And somewhere, OFF camera we hear a hopeful voice proclaim the good news...

"I got the marriage form. It's all filled out."