I spent some time working on the weapon assembly this week. The parts are still quite rough, and the main thing I've been focusing on is getting them to fit the contours of the model. Right now it is made up of three parts... the assembly body, and the upper and lower supports. The lower support was the hardest part to build because it had to match the secondary hull.
Here is a few shots of the parts put in place, they aren't glued together yet, they are just set in place to make sure they all fit together.
I think I put off making the weapon assembly for as long as I have because I felt it takes away from the elegant lines of the design, but now that I have the parts in place it isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.