View Single Post
Old September 2 2013, 06:32 PM   #10
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Re: The book you're waiting for...

Warped9 wrote: View Post
Over the years we've gotten some fine books about Star Trek. The very first was the fascinating The Making Of Star Trek published in 1968 during the summer hiatus between TOS' 2nd and 3rd seasons. For years this work stood as almost the definitive work about the making of the original series.

Flash forward several years later and we finally got other respectable works.

The Star Trek Concordance - an encyclopedia to the original series and its universe.
The Star Trek Compendium - a reference guide to the original episodes and subsequent feature films spun off TOS.
Inside Star Trek - a more factual and candid look at TOS in development and production.
The Star Trek Sketchbook - a look at the art and creativity of the original series.
Essential list, although I would add The World of Star Trek & The Trouble with Tribbles behind the scenes books, as both opened up another great view of "life on the inside" from one who was actually there.

Can anyone think of some aspect of Star Trek that has't been covered? Is there some element, angle or subject you think could be deserving of a book?
How about a special effects book---just the efx of TOS. I know some are thinking, "well, there's not that much, so much was recycled, and had budget limitations," but i've seen magazine-length studies of the RKO King Kong numerous times, and TOS certianly had more going on in the efx department than that one film.

Over the decades, many a book or magazine covered the EFX of TOS, but have we been exposed to everything? All surviving produtction house notes, photos, unused film clips, etc.?