View Single Post
Old September 2 2013, 06:29 AM   #32
JD
Admiral

Re: Picture the Novelverse - Characters, Ships and More !

tomswift2002 wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
That's cool. Definitely more interesting than the one we got. I really got my hopes up that they would include new characters on the Titan covers fairly often after Akaar on The Red King and Ree on Orion's Hounds, but ever since then they've pretty much just stuck to the TV characters. I understand it's probably a lot cheaper to just use old photos than to hire a model for a new character, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.
I wish the books were popular enough that we could get reference books that include stuff from the novels and comics like the Star Wars ones.

Here's an idea that is really out there: maybe bookstores sell more copies when a character from TV is one the cover rather than a character who only appears in the books. Might be economics.

Of course it would be nice to see book covers, such as "The Eye Of The Beholder" with a TV character and a book only character.
Yeah, and most of the ones that have had new characters on them have also featured TV characters.
My most wanted character is Vale.
Wow, I just looked up the first SCE book, which was where she first appeared, and it came out in 2000. So she's actually been around for a longer period of time than the Enterprise characters, although she hasn't made as many appearances.