View Single Post
Old September 2 2013, 06:22 AM   #44
George Bailey
The Revd's Oldman

View George Bailey's Twitter Profile
Re: Nintendo 2DS.

Kelthaz wrote: View Post
ATimson wrote: View Post
I guess I'm not really seeing how NES/Super NES or Game Boy/Game Boy Color/Game Boy Advance are magically any more informative than DS/3DS or Wii/Wii U. They're all throwing prefixes/suffixes on to delineate the difference. Is it just because the prefixes/suffixes are shorter now?
It has to do with the prefixes/suffices meaning something on those other systems. Super and Advance both imply an upgraded, superior version of the original system. What does a U imply?
But that's silly I mean you can't say 2 and 3 or 360 and One denote upgrades, because there was Master System 2 and 3 and Mega Drive 2 and 3 and they were basically the "slim" of their generations. And 360, as far as I know, would denote full circle and One would mean "We have no clue how naming schemes work".
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!
George Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote