Thread: Nintendo 2DS.
View Single Post
Old September 2 2013, 03:44 AM   #42
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Re: Nintendo 2DS.

Lance wrote: View Post
^ I think this is one of the problems Nintendo has. By interchangably using the terms 'DS' and 'Wii' for different systems, they've inadvertently confused consumers who mistake them all for being variations of the one system, rather than being brand new ones.

It wasn't such an issue with the Gameboy brand, but I actually know people ('casuals', shall we say) who still think WiiU is some sort of upgraded Wii, rather than a new console. At least there was a clear delineation between the NES/Super NES/Nintendo 64/Nintendo Gamecube/Nintendo Wii.
I guess I'm not really seeing how NES/Super NES or Game Boy/Game Boy Color/Game Boy Advance are magically any more informative than DS/3DS or Wii/Wii U. They're all throwing prefixes/suffixes on to delineate the difference. Is it just because the prefixes/suffixes are shorter now?

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote