View Single Post
Old September 2 2013, 12:47 AM   #76
J.T.B.
Commodore

Re: 12 Monkeys pilot greenlit by Syfy

Set Harth wrote: View Post
Huh? It can be a big deal either way. Cole's dream isn't a Force vision, it's a memory. Obviously if he changes the timeline things would turn out differently from what he remembers.
Yes, but the way I saw it the movie was constructed around the dream and the theme of inevitability and fate, like a Greek tragedy as Alidar said above. YMMV.

Set Harth wrote: View Post
But why do they really need to control him? What's the worst that can happen, given that we know they sent others like Jose back as well, and thus have other people in place to carry out the mission if Cole simply disappears? By interfering with him they imply that they don't want him to change things.
Presumably so he won't interfere with their activities in the past. It was implied that the time traveler "volunteers" lose their minds and eventually "don't come back." The street preacher may be an example of one who's "gone rogue."

Christopher wrote: View Post
I think we're talking about two different things. Since you're speaking in the past tense, I imagine you're talking about how the movie was done.
Right, I was digressing about the movie. I agree about the TV adaptation, as I already stated upthread.
J.T.B. is online now   Reply With Quote