View Single Post
Old September 2 2013, 12:16 AM   #328
Kirk the Jerk
Rear Admiral

Re: Do fans want the prime timeline back?

R. Star wrote: View Post
Kirk the Jerk wrote: View Post

Star Trek for me is about a story, not just constantly blowing things up and shouting. For me at the moment Star Trek is dead because I can't see what they can do other than keep rehashing old story lines and switching what happens to who. If we want new story's etc. we have to explore very late 24th century early 25th. Going forward is the best possible way to 'revive' trek. What Abrams has done 'could' have worked but Into Darkness killed it for me. I couldn't believe what I was watching. This is best example of someone who doesn't care for Star Trek, he just wanted another action movie. The writing was LAZY as hell. Shit I think my 3 year old son could have come up with something better.
Well said. I've mentioned a few times Into Darkness for me was Abrams cherry picking plot elements from across the franchise, changing them to suit, putting it all in a blender and boom, you have a "new" movie. Even though there wasn't anything in it we hadn't already seen before. Somehow I expect his third movie will be like this too. If you're going to go out of your way to invent a clean slate universe, do something original with it!

Hear, hear! I'm almost certain his third movie will just be a rehash too. Let's just say I'm not really looking forward to seeing it, and it pains me to say that about Star Trek.

Geez, I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan, but I can see him destroying that franchise too... But, maybe it'll work because he actually 'cares' for Star Wars...

Last edited by Kirk the Jerk; September 2 2013 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Babbling on...
Kirk the Jerk is offline   Reply With Quote