View Single Post
Old September 1 2013, 06:36 PM   #16
Melakon
Vice Admiral

Re: Voyager v.s. The Next Generation and Deep Space 9

DonIago wrote: View Post
(blinks) Obsession with space battle scenes?

Beyond a certain point, the series was portraying a war between two major powers. Battles were inevitably going to occur, and I believe they're in the minority of episodes.

Anyway, sorry if the show wasn't to your liking.
I left out the main reason I felt that way. During the first run, due to some unpleasant personal misfortunes, I missed huge chunks of the Dominion War, and missed most of the final season (until I managed to find the 7th season this year at a used video store). I'm still not clear on the entire Dominion storyline because I missed so much of Seasons 5 & 6.

When I was able to catch the show, it was either in the middle of a Dominion arc, or Dukat's face turn, or some lackluster standalone episode unrelated to anything else. So it just looked like big battles for the sake of big battles. It may take a while until I'm able to see everything and figure out what was going on.

I had a similar problem with Enterprise, when circumstances caused me to miss most of Season 3 and all of Season 4, until getting the series collection this year.
--Wee Wee Monsieur (1938)
Melakon is offline   Reply With Quote