View Single Post
Old September 1 2013, 02:43 AM   #118
austen_pierce
Captain

Re: What is your least favourite TNG film

DalekJim wrote: View Post
I don't mind B4, I'd just have lost the whole dune buggy chase and search for his parts as it slowed the movie down for no real reason. Nemesis isn't hugely good, but it's very underrated. I like the grim, dark tone and think Shinzon is one of the best villains of the film franchise. Certainly way better than Nero.

Nemesis badly needed another draft of the script, to remove a lot of the pointless shit and further explain some of the main plot. It's still pretty enjoyable for dumb entertainment, but the TNG crew deserved better for their final outing.

Generations is the only TNG movie I just can't enjoy. There are a few good bits but I always finish it feeling angry and depressed at how much of a waste it was. The other 3 are largely enjoyable, despite their flaws.
Generations may be a waste of Kirk and Chekov in their last big screen roles, but there's a lot to like here as well. Scotty gets a few good scenes and lines, especially his digs at Kirk. The interesting use of lighting is somethings that's easily forgotten yet makes this a standout among the films. I originally HATED Data's emotion chip but have reversed on that as well... Geordi's "I'm not amused" reactions are priceless. I do wish they had done anything other than the Nexus though...
austen_pierce is offline   Reply With Quote