View Single Post
Old August 31 2013, 08:43 PM   #43
Flake
Commodore

Re: What Setting Would You Like For The Next Series?

Well I'd like an animated series, preferably CGI set on NCC-1701 shortly after Into Darkness and exploring the nuVerse with new original episodes, revisiting old classics and an ongoing 'feud' with Khan who is 'rescued' and awoken by Klingons.

Aimed at kids/teens and it needs to keep us fanboys and adults entertained as well. (good luck with that )

--

If there must be a live action show then I think the Prime Universe is done and dusted. It will never be visited again imho. Too much baggage.

The most likely option would be a show in the nuVerse (same time period as the movies) on another Fed ship that has a different design (Reliant? Excelsior?). It must be in the new continuity because it can use all the sets, costumes & props from the new movies simply redressed slightly where necessary. New standing sets would be required for Engineering and a mess hall. Shuttlecraft bay etc can be CGI.

The 'tech' will need to be updated and in many cases appear way beyond TNG. I am thinking the sort of cool gadgets we see in Prometheus and Avatar - something along those lines. The reason I say this is because the world is a very different place than it was in 1966 or 1987. Time to update the look & tech and add some stuff for away missions etc.
Flake is offline   Reply With Quote