View Single Post
Old August 31 2013, 06:12 PM   #36
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: What Setting Would You Like For The Next Series?

R. Star wrote: View Post
Wow, I guess DS9 wasn't Trek then. Any more pearls of wisdom on the religion of Trek? I just want 45 minutes of entertainment myself.
And you'll notice that Deep Space Nine had to add a badass starship and a character from TNG in order to try to keep the ratings from sliding (which didn't work).

'Religion' of Trek? I think you've got the wrong guy. I just ask myself this question: where can a new weekly Trek take me that the prior series haven't? Maybe I'm not very imaginative, but I'm not sure there is anyplace from a story perspective that Trek can take me that it hasn't already been and remain 'Star Trek'. Pretty much every series idea I see here does nothing but reinforce that perception.

So I have fun revisiting the various series from time-to-time, watch the new movies because they are welcome reunions with old friends and read an occasional novel. But I don't need to see new (regurgitated) episodes on TV every week to justify my love of the franchise.

Once again, your mileage may vary.
"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Jean-Luc Picard, "Encounter at Farpoint"
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote