View Single Post
Old August 29 2013, 11:18 PM   #3
BrentMc
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Star Trek: U.S.S. Endurance

surak-toc wrote: View Post
that idea is brilliant, the concept it interesting, i like that it will have a specific focus,
having a female captain is for this kind of story will be great, what species is she, i am wondering what is the main focus of the first story, where is it set and such, would there be a chance of maybe a e-book to download, hope this first story/book goes well, i am very very interested, i can see this being great.
Q. "having a female captain is for this kind of story will be great, what species is she?"

A. She is a Human, Italian. The reason for this is because, just for fun, I have "Fantasy-Cast" many of the roles. I have thought for awhile that Carla Gugino would make a great Starship captain. I could have written her as Carla Gugino playing another species, but I decided to keep her Human, Italian.
Maybe the professional writers will say it is a bad idea to fanstasy-cast, but this is just for fun and I want it this way :-)

Q. "I am wondering what is the main focus of the first story, where is it set and such."

A. The end of the Dominion war provides the backdrop for the first story. The main focus is on introducing my ship and crew. The first story is very engineering heavy, but it is just an origin story for future stories that will be science and exploration focused. It is set near Bajor.

Q. "would there be a chance of maybe a e-book to download?"

A. I used to use a program called calibre to manage and convert e-books. My virus scanner warned me that a recent update included mal-ware, so I uninstalled it. My plan is to release it in .PDF format.

"hope this first story/book goes well, i am very very interested, i can see this being great."

Thank you. I hope it goes well and is great too. I am trying to remember that it is all for fun and to not get too stressed working on it.

If you are interested I would like a few people to read it before I post if for everyone to see. I would like opinions and questions. When I am writing I know what I am thinking, but if someone else reads it and says who is this guy? then I might look at it and say I swore I said who he is.......you get the idea.
BrentMc is offline   Reply With Quote