View Single Post
Old August 29 2013, 11:15 PM   #160
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Re: Scaling the Excelsior Filming Model

Workbee wrote: View Post
Which begs the question, if the Travel Pod in TVH WAS going to take them to Excelsior, what would it have done? Fly into the shuttlebay? Somehow I don't think they would have expected them to pull a Dave Bowman to disembark.
Very good point but I think the pod could have landed in the shuttlebay (the TMP Blueprints reveal it to have two landing skids at the bottom). On the other hand Andrew Probert's Enterprise-D still had these docking rings so they should be there on Excelsior, too...

@ Crazy Eddie

I wanted to save this topic for the rainy days. I have to disagree! The openings labelled 1 and 2 on the the stern of the Miranda Class are probably inserts for standardized cargo containers (alternately attached to the exterior connect hardpoints above, total loading capacity 4).
On a ship that size 2 hangar bays seem to be way too much. If you want a shuttlecraft carrier, I'd think the Constellation Class is a more suitable candidate.

Bob
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote