View Single Post
Old August 29 2013, 09:32 PM   #55
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan
Re: TF: Revelation and Dust by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Halliwell wrote: View Post
Scout101 wrote: View Post
Halliwell wrote: View Post

Yes. I get that. But a plot point THAT important should be in code. I came here to get a feel for what others are saying about the book, and expect some spoilers. That one is a biggie.
If you don't want to risk spoilers, don't go into spoiler threads. pretty straight-forward. It doesn't say MINOR spoliers, just spoilers. If you want to remain in the dark, the spoiler thread is a bad place to be.

Personally, I don't get that upset over spoilers. I'm in this thread and haven't read the book yet (should be here tonight). But then again, I care less about the 30 seconds of shock, and more about the couple hundred pages around it that LED to the moment. HOW it happens (and why, etc) is more important than knowing that it DOES happen.

Unless it's a gimmick thing like the Sixth Sense, the spoilers don't really matter to me. Enjoy the story.
So why do we have spoiler code? We just had a thread about when to use them and stop using them. The consensus was that we should stop when a book hits the 6 month mark. This novel hasn't been out six minutes.

And no offense to the poster who just joined three days ago, if you don't know how to use a function, wouldn't it be wise to find out how before to do that before dropping something like that in a novel this new. I just think that we shouldn't start a precedence.

If not then we shouldn't bother with spoiler code at all. Here's a link to the thread about spoilers.

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=223141
Cheers for hightlighting that thread.

As for your opinion over the spoiler, have you not heard of common sense?

This is a thread about a book that has just been released, thus not everyone has read it, like yourself and myself and if you don't want to be spoiled don't bloody well read the thread. I probably should have qualified in that other thread that it was concerning books that have been out a while when discussing them away from the main spoiler filled discussion thread.

It was your own fault (as my own fault) for reading that spoiler, no one else's. So yes, have you heard of common sense?

I'm on twitter now. @DimesDaniel
Dimesdan is offline   Reply With Quote