View Single Post
Old August 29 2013, 08:08 PM   #52
Scout101
Admiral

Re: TF: Revelation and Dust by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Halliwell wrote: View Post
Scout101 wrote: View Post
Halliwell wrote: View Post
Son of a bitch. That's the worst spoiler to know. Now the book is ruined.
Of course, you're in a REVIEW thread, which also says SPOILERS! in the title, so not sure what you were expecting, but that's kinda it. If you blew past the warnings, can't do much else to help. Very obviously enter at your own risk when you venture into spoiler threads for books or movies you haven't read/watched yet...
Yes. I get that. But a plot point THAT important should be in code. I came here to get a feel for what others are saying about the book, and expect some spoilers. That one is a biggie.
If you don't want to risk spoilers, don't go into spoiler threads. pretty straight-forward. It doesn't say MINOR spoliers, just spoilers. If you want to remain in the dark, the spoiler thread is a bad place to be.

Personally, I don't get that upset over spoilers. I'm in this thread and haven't read the book yet (should be here tonight). But then again, I care less about the 30 seconds of shock, and more about the couple hundred pages around it that LED to the moment. HOW it happens (and why, etc) is more important than knowing that it DOES happen.

Unless it's a gimmick thing like the Sixth Sense, the spoilers don't really matter to me. Enjoy the story.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote