View Single Post
Old August 29 2013, 08:01 PM   #165
t_smitts
Commander

Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Johnny Rico wrote: View Post
t_smitts wrote: View Post
So do the Voyager nacelles pivot or not?
No. No articulating or removable parts on any model. Mainly for the simple reason of the way the ships mount onto the stands. Each stand is made custom to each ship and therefore has a unique way that the ship fits into it, so if you change something with a movable part, it might throw off the weight balance of the ship. For instance the wings on the B'rel-class Klingon Bird of Prey has its wings fixed in a straight out "flight" position instead of the downward slant that is "attack mode."

That said, the models I'm looking forward to the most are the ENT 22nd century-era ships. There will be the Klingon Raptor-class (the one they saved from the gas giant), the D-5 battle cruiser, Goroth's ship, and the Bird of Prey. There will also be the Romulan Bird of Prey. Plus at least 3 Xindi ships, the Reptilian, Insectoid, and Aquatic
That's a pity. I do wish the BoP was in a fixed wing configuration, since that's what we saw on DS9 most of the time.

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
In case it hasn't been listed anywhere else, they have confirmed the order for the first 30 issues.

1 Enterprise NCC-1701-D
2 Enterprise NCC-1701 TMP
3 Klingon Bird-of-Prey
4 Enterprise NX-01
5 Romulan Warbird
6 U.S.S. Voyager NCC-74656
7 Klingon K'Tinga battlecruiser
8 U.S.S. Excelsior
9 U.S.S. Defiant NX-74205
10 Borg Sphere
11 U.S.S. Reliant (Miranda class)
12 Akira class
13 Jem'hadar cruiser
14 Cardassian Galor class
15 Equinox
16 Ferengi Marauder
17 Dauntless
18 Bajoran Solar Sailor
19 Stargazer
20 Klingon V'orcha class
21 Enterprise NCC-1701-E
22 Krenim Temporal Weapon Ship
23 Nebula class
24 Xindi insectoid ship
25 U.S.S. Prometheus
26 Tholian ship
27 Romulan Bird-of-Prey
28 Maquis Fighter
29 Jem'hadar bug
30 Nausicaan Fighter

Tholian ship has moved waaay up the list, which is good.
True, but I'm still hoping they'll get around to some of the ones on this much longer list:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star...ips_Collection

BTW, it's curious that it doesn't say what the name of that Nebula-class miniature will be. I assume it'll probably be one of the ones with the more familiar triangular-shaped pod, so that probably rules out the Phoenix. Considering they may do the prototype Prometheus at some point, that probably rules out the Nebula-class ship with the same name. That leaves only the Sutherland as a ship that played any significant role in an episode's plot, or the Farragut, which gave us an impressive flyby at the end of Generations (before being unceremoniously destroyed off-screen in a DS9 episode). Considering Galoob went with the latter, I wouldn't be surprised if they do as well.

I assume the Akira will be the USS Thunderchild, the only Akira that actually got a name.

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
The Enterprise version was considerably more elaborate than the TOS version:

TOS Version
Enterprise Version

That being said, I'm glad they're making the Enterprise variant for this. Much cooler to look at.
In the case of the 60's model, that's true, though the remastered version is MUCH more detailed:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File...remastered.jpg
t_smitts is offline   Reply With Quote