View Single Post
Old August 29 2013, 12:37 AM   #16
Lego Thrawn
Lieutenant

Re: Smart/cellphones And Modern Life..

I don't have a smartphone, nor do I want or need one. I have a crappy pay-as-you-go TracFone. I can't afford a monthly plan, and all I want or need is simply something to talk on, period.

That being said, I have seen some people do some remarkably silly things with their cellphones. I have seen women horseback riding while talking on a cellphone, walking their babies in strollers while talking on a cellphone, etc. I'm like WTF... you don't want to just put the damn phone away and enjoy the experience?

I remember once when I was working at a supermarket years ago, a woman had her baby in the top section of a grocery cart, and she was yakking away on her phone like her stupid life mattered that much. Well, while she was yakking away, the cart tipped over the side of the curb, and fell over onto the ground, yes, with the baby still in it. All of a sudden her stupid babbling wasn't so important, and she started freaking out that her baby was hurt. Well guess what, lady? If you'd actually been doing your job, and paying attention to your kid, instead of flapping your useless lips, your kid wouldn't have been hurt.

It also irks me when I see very young children with smartphones. Really? WTF is so big and complicated in their little lives, that they have to have access to a smartphone all day? If I were a parent, I would forbid my child to own a cellphone until they were 15, and even then, it would be a talk-and-text only phone, pay-as-you-go, for emergencies. If they want a smartphone, they'd have to wait until they're 18, and they'll have to buy it and pay for the plan themselves.
Lego Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote