View Single Post
Old August 28 2013, 07:18 PM   #157
teya
Vice Admiral

Re: What happened to Jennifer Lien?

Lynx wrote: View Post
The comment from the writers that they had written Kes into a box is not the truth. They were able to come up with good Kes stories up to the last minutes of season 3 and Jeri Taylor was able to come up with good Kes stories in both "Mosaic" and "Pathways", the last one written during season 4. It's really strange how people suddenly lose the ability to write for one character over one night.
Well, here's the thing. I don't agree with you that the stories were good. They were derivative of other stories told hundreds of times before. And, according to the writers, they agree with me.

Not to mention that Kes had more and better stories than Kim during the whole series.
That much is true.

As for Beltran, obviously he was right about the writers. They couldn't come up with stories for some characters and were obviously not doing their job.
Beltran's character started as a racial stereotype & only got worse. How they were supposed to magically fix it is beyond me. And apparently beyond Beltran, who is on record as saying he wasn't supposed to do what Colm Meaney did to keep O'Brien from turning into a stereotype or what Picardo did to get more to do: give the writers ideas.

Thing is, there are times that you simply have to go above and beyond your job description. Beltran chose to whine & complain & trash other people publically instead of doing that.

Being someone who worked her way up from a blue collar job by taking every opportunity thrown at me and running with it, I don't have a whole lot of respect for that.