View Single Post
Old August 28 2013, 03:18 AM   #327
GSchnitzer
Co-Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to GSchnitzer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GSchnitzer Send a message via Yahoo to GSchnitzer
Re: New Book about TOS: These Are The Voyages

Well, if true, I'm sure startrekhistory is more than willing to properly place credit where credit is due. I think that much of the metadata details regarding this clip (composer, musicians, recording dates, etc.) wasn't known or available to them even if the clip itself was. They may have just forgotten to double back and update their web page after the information became known when the LLL set was released. I see startrekhistory as more than willing to give credit where credit is due if and when a faux pas is discovered. They seem disinclined to simply dig in their heels and stubbornly refuse to acknowledge the work of others. (It also occurs to me, that the source that Star Trek New Voyages has for our TOS music has always wanted to remain anonymous/unrevealed for a variety of reasons. Such may be the case with startrekhistory's source.)

Another subtle point is that I think people might be a bit more forgiving about a slip-up in assigning proper credit if these clips are being made available to the public on their website free of charge. But if stuff like this were being released to make a buck (like the TATV book), I can see people being less sympathetic.

ZapBrannigan wrote: View Post
GSchnitzer wrote: View Post
If we've had all this not-publically-available music for years, I suspect that startrekhistory just got it from the same source.
Whatever the source, the point is they boot-legged it. And now they're up in arms because a book ran some photos?

Startrekhistory and its partisans want to have it both ways.
http://www.startrekphase2.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3348883/