View Single Post
Old August 28 2013, 01:29 AM   #51
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: 11th Doctor Costume Try-Outs

Green Lantern wrote: View Post
Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
^First non-English accent? Sylvester McCoy might have something to say about that.
Sylvester McCoys natural accent is Scottish, but as the doctor he seemed to speak with at least a near English accent to me.
The Wormhole wrote: View Post

Sylvester McCoy was Scottish and spoke with a Scottish accent when he played the Doctor.

EDIT: Damn, got ninja'd on the matter.
Really. He sounded a bit more English to me. He at least tamed his accent a bit.
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
^First non-English accent? Sylvester McCoy might have something to say about that.
Tennant's Accent is English? Sure sounds quite a bit like Scottish to my "less than trained ear"? Not as thick like Amy or McCoy, but, to me it definitely sounds quite similar to Scottish.
David Tennant is Scottish, but his doctor put on an English accent.

But I'm terrible with accents, so if I'm wrong, please excuse me.
Sylvester McCoy spoke with his natural accent when he played the Doctor. Just listen to him in DVD interviews, it's identical. Plus being the only Doctor to not have an English accent has made him topic of a few jokes in Who fandom. My uncle is constantly making jokes about regenerating after banging your head on the TARDIS console can change your accent.

Tennant, though Scottish himself spoke with a fake English accent as the Doctor, though got to use his natural accent in Tooth and Claw.