View Single Post
Old August 27 2013, 08:53 PM   #113
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: Ant-Man: Info, Pics, Rumors, Casting and Details till release

Some updates are happening on Ant-Man.

While out promoting The Worlds End director Edgar Wright let it be known, quelling speculation of which Ant Man would headline, that Hank Pym is the films leads.
"For the one percent of people who are like, 'Wait, Hank Pym would never do that!' there's 99 percent going, 'Who's Hank Pym?'" That's what Wright had to say about his level of freedom while making the movie, thanks to using a "lesser-known character." It also confirms that yes, this is Hank Pym in his Ant-Man movie, and not one of the other heroes to wear the mantle like Scott Lang or Eric O'Grady.

Also Ant-Man, after several drafts Wright has done, will enter official Pre-Production status this October.
In an interview about The World’s End with Collider, Ant-Man director Edgar Wright said, “I’m starting doing pre-production on Ant-Man in like October, and then shooting next year. ...."
So probably after it's been in full on pre-production status for a month or so and after Thor Dark World's release I'm guessing the casting rumors that might have some weight to them will start to filter out.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote