View Single Post
Old August 27 2013, 12:08 AM   #233
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: Breaking Bad Final Half Season

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
gblews wrote: View Post
I took the 'nail in the coffin' remark to be a reference to Hank's career if the video were given to the DEA.
The nail in the coffin was the fact that Hank's wife paid cash that they aren't supposed to have. That's tangible evidence that Hank could have been involved in drugs.
Not by itself. They would have to come up with considerably more than $177,000. And Hisenberg's dope was still being sold long after the rehab payment. How much cash do Hank and Marie have now? There are unaccounted for millions AFTER the rehab payment.

If there is no cash or electronic funds, and no means or evidence of laundering, then all the financial evidence would consist of $177,000. That is a paltry sum if you are trying to prove that a person has reaped the financial benefits of a drug empire which Walt claims in his confession Hank runs. If that's true, then where's all the "benefits"?

Walt would be telling the DEA that Hank is the drug kingpin while Walt, an "underling" and therefor a lesser earner, needs an obvious means of money laundering while the top dog does not? Should be the other way around.

Hank feels his career is already "in the coffin", the 'last nail" in the coffin is the blow to his integrity caused by Walt's accusations and how the $177,000 would muddy the water even further.
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote