View Single Post
Old August 26 2013, 09:50 PM   #442
Tom Hendricks
Commodore

View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile
Re: Movies Seen In 2013

Dark Shadows - HBO go on Apple TV - Its a rainy, grey day here and I was looking for something to watch. I found Judge Dredd on Amazon Prime but couldn't stream it through the Apple TV and I didn't want to watch it on my iPhone. So I switched over to HBO go and I was weighing watching either Dark Shadows or The Watch and Dark Shadows won out.

I have to say, I'm glad that I chose Dark Shadows for I really enjoyed it. I know a lot of people were disappointed in the movie and I can see why but for me it just worked. The fish out of water was over done just a bit and there were maybe too many Tim Burtonisms woven throughout out the movie. Still it is a good telling of the Dark Shadows story usually told via a TV soap opera format, covered nicely in a movie. Some how the writers go almost everything into it without it feeling bogged down with too much. Some characters aren't developed enough or go missing for large chunks of time, however that happens when you take something like this and make it a movie. Unlike his performance in Willy Wonka, Johnny Depp really works here as Barnabas Collins.

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Tom Hendricks is offline   Reply With Quote