Thread: Quantum Leap
View Single Post
Old August 26 2013, 03:10 PM   #24
Christopher
Writer

Re: Quantum Leap

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Again, good show, though the one aspect I never thought made sense was Sam leaping back physically and the "aura" of the leapee being a "disguise" for him. I never understood how this made Sam able to fit into the clothes of women, teenagers, chimps and just in general people of different sizes than him. When he's these other people how to maintain their hair and look well and how when there's physical interaction between Sam and someone native to the time-period they don't notice their loved one/acquaintance feels different. The idea brings up too many problems.
The Ashley McConnell tie-in novels took the opposite interpretation, that Sam's mind was leaping into their bodies. Which doesn't explain episodes like the one where he was able to walk in the body of a double amputee. The McConnell books were sort of an alternate take on the series and characters, but an interesting one.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote