View Single Post
Old August 26 2013, 02:33 AM   #1057
F. King Daniel
Admiral

Re: Starship Size Argument™ thread

WarpFactorZ wrote: View Post
Flake wrote: View Post
Well therein lies the problem, I have no idea how much Star Trek you have seen but if it is just the reboot only then you are missing the point here.
I'm going to guess that I've been a fan probably for longer than you've been alive, through every incarnation of ST. I gave up on DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise through fatigue (and real life taking over). The episodes of TOS were at least written by competent sci-fi authors, and had a mild modicum of veracity.
Or perhaps you were just younger and more impressionable when you watched it. Take a look at the TOS analog of what's being discussed now, the Enterprise's fall to Psi 2000 in "The Naked Now". How well do you think that'll hold up to this kind of scrutiny?
The problem with ST09 and STiD is that they were written by hacks who had no understanding of simple science.
Lazarus would like a word with you, concerning the universe exploding if a single particle of matter and antumatter were to collide. Also Spock on the subject of copper-based blood and alien half-breeds. Also whoever it was who thought there was a discreet edge to the galaxy (which had an unexplained magic forcefield around it which inexplicably gives people Q-powers). And the guy who thought a transporter could split a man into good and evil halves. And those Halloween aliens. Care to point out a scientifically sound TOS episode?
I'm willing to forgive some of it in the interests of mindless entertainment (e.g. Lost), but I really expect a feature film to hire some science advisors.
Then I can only assume you've been constantly disappointed by 12 Star Trek movies?