View Single Post
Old August 26 2013, 12:23 AM   #172
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: When did the perception of Insurrection change?

T'Girl wrote: View Post
ssosmcin wrote: View Post
Even TUC is bashed more now.
TUC is very tied to the ending of the cold war between east and west, and as that recedes more into history the movie makes less sense. To my generation it's a relic of the past, equal to vietnam and korea.

Even a single scene where Admiral Cartwright and the other conspirators explain their motivations and reasoning really would have helped the movie.

Something more than "Gee, I don't trust the Klingons, I hope we never have peace."

Sort of like Kirk's line "Don't believe them, don't trust them". Of course that was preceeded by the meeting where it eas mentioned that the Klingons were untrustworthy.

Then we have more at the end about people being frightened of change. That's as true today as it was then.

And not to diminish other wars but the end of the Cold War was a far more significant event in world history. The Vietnam and Koren wars are largely forgotten(in some ares of the world). WWII even though it preceded those wars is more remembered globally.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote