View Single Post
Old August 25 2013, 08:58 PM   #66
Mr_Homn
Captain

Re: Old Star Trek TOS DVD's

Warped9 wrote: View Post
And those who profess "you haven't watched Star Trek until you've seen it on Blu-Ray" border on offensive.
Yeah, I think only one person said that, and I agree that it's way over the top to phrase it that way. Of course you have seen star trek. The important thing is that you don't allow a silly comment like that make you think less of the Blu rays.

It is true that the Blu Rays are a very significant increase in quality. I actually think the VHS to DVD jump in a lot of ways was less significant.

I totally understand not wanting to make the purchase for them. It's perfectly reasonable and the DVDs are a very enjoyable star trek viewing experience. I personally just like to have the very best for my favorite show, and I have been spoiled by the quality of the BD's so it's hard for me to go back and watch the DVDs or VHSs now.

Fortunately I received these as a birthday gift from a loved one a couple years ago, so I never had to make the purchase myself. Though, If I had to, I think I would now that the price has come down, and I work for an unimpressive hourly wage. Everyone's situation is unique of course.

Last edited by Mr_Homn; August 25 2013 at 09:09 PM.
Mr_Homn is offline   Reply With Quote