View Single Post
Old August 25 2013, 07:43 PM   #66
davejames
Vice Admiral

Re: The Official "Oblivion" Review Thread

Wow, finally saw this, and it was a whole lot better than I was expecting. The trailers made it look like just another generic scifi action flick, but it was actually a bit more interesting and sophisticated than that.

Yeah there were a lot of familiar story elements (which seems to be almost unavoidable at this point in scifi), but the story was well executed and well acted enough that it never really bothered me. And the really elegant style and direction did a great job fusing all those elements into something that still felt like it's own thing as well.

And while I can't say I was totally surprised by the clone thing, the fact they were being created and used by the alien invaders did kind of throw me. I thought the movie did a great job putting you inside his head and understanding his confusion over the whole thing.

Although I can't help but wonder now how many other Jacks are wandering around on Earth now. Considering there were so many thousands being grown in the ship, I have to think there were more than just two down on the planet. So will they ALL have the same awakening and seek out the wife at some point? That could make things kinda awkward. Lol
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote