View Single Post
Old August 25 2013, 06:05 PM   #46
George Bailey
The Revd's Oldman

View George Bailey's Twitter Profile
Re: Poll: Would you prefer to see a movie in 3D or 2D?

cultcross wrote: View Post
Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
Argus Skyhawk wrote: View Post
I was interested in a passage from this article indicating that 3D is losing popularity:
I'll admit the 3D fad has lasted a lot longer than I originally expected, but it still seems to be just a fad.
That last bit is more than a tad patronising about "foreign" audiences. I know over here, at least, they've been pushing 3D hard, putting 2D showings on at difficult times, so the main times when audiences will show up the only version on offer is the 3D version. Couple of films with 1 early showing in 2D per day and 3D the rest of the day.
Yeah that irritates me - and it's been used to artificially inflate the uptake of 3D in the UK as it will be reported that, say, 60% of cinema goers 'chose' the 3D version with all the information about showtimes and number of screenings stripped away.
Yep, and for films like Dredd there were no showings in 2D unless the cinema had no 3D capability at all, and there were very few of them that got the film.

It irritates me and I get 3D films at no extra cost.
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!
George Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote