View Single Post
Old August 25 2013, 02:44 PM   #15
Let the Good Times Roll!!

Re: Futurama: An Appreciation

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Good thread, everyone.

I completely agree with everything you posted, digits (except that I like the better future of Star Trek ).
Oh, I like the future in Star Trek better, I just think the future in Futurama is far more likely.

Futurama is not only the best animated series ever, but one of the best series ever, period. The sheer amount of storytelling, characterization, themes, deeper meanings and the superhuman level of background detail is mind boggling. Oh, and it had comedy, too-- intelligent, lowbrow, pop cultural, historical, political, self-referential, character-based, slapstick-- they missed nothing.
Well said.

My TiVo is picking up several episodes today labeled "Fanarama". Does anyone know what this is? A fan chosen marathon of best episodes, perhaps? It doesn't give any description.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote