View Single Post
Old August 28 2006, 10:15 PM   #182
Vektor
Rear Admiral

Re: USS Grandeur - One... More... Time!

Got a few more WIPs to show, probably the last for a few days while I take care of a few things I've been neglecting.

The bridge decks are new, aside from the brief glimpse I offered in the first of my recent wallpaper images. The bridge module itself is still just a placeholder, though the final version will look very much like it. The blocked-out object above the docking bay is also a placeholder but will eventually become a control booth to more or less match the one above the aft hangar bay.

Let's see... the name and registry number were just added last night using a different method of curving the text and making it conform to the hull. The method I used for curving the text was harder but more accurate, and the method used for conforming to the hull was MUCH easier than what I've done in the past.

I think the feature I'm most happy with at this point is the way the neck flows into the primary hull, the bridge decks and the saucer impulse engines. I've probably tried 20 or 30 different designs for that area over the life of this project and this is the first one I'm not only satisfied with but really, really like.

Things are finally coming together on this baby. If I can just work out the details on the underside of the saucer, the basic design will finally be DONE and I can start freezing the sub-D objects and really detailing things out. I'm not gonna set any more meaningless deadlines, but I could be within a month or so of finishing the modeling work, depending on what happens with my job situation in the near future. :thumbsup: