View Single Post
Old August 24 2013, 07:23 PM   #28
Hober Mallow
Commodore

Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy
Re: Old Star Trek TOS DVD's

Warped9 wrote: View Post
I don't need the extra resolution and I don't need cartoony f/x to support the already great storytelling.
Um... what do the added FX have to do with the remaster? Nothing. I don't watch the cartoony FX myself. I watch the episodes with the original FX. In HD. And it's absolutely stunning.
Warped9 wrote: View Post
Since the Blu-Ray player is backwards compatible then I have no need to replace those films I bought previously---a good thing because it would be quite an expense.
This position makes sense to me. What I don't get is the outright hostility to the HD remaster of TOS. If you're a TOS purist as I am, this should be a no-brainer -- presenting TOS (again with all the original FX) as close to the quality of the 35mm film as possible, what the show really looks like but which TV was never before able to reveal. I don't care for most of the new FX, but 1) the new FX have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the remaster, and 2) I don't have to watch the episodes with the new FX.

I just don't understand your position at all.