Old August 24 2013, 02:26 PM   #720
trekkiedane
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to trekkiedane
Re: What are you reading?

^And it's a spoiler
Never mind though; I'll still finish it

Miss Chicken wrote: View Post
I am now reading Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach.
Ghost07 wrote: View Post
Dead Men DO Tell Tales...it's the MOST interesting non-fiction book I've ever read; by ...oh...a Forensic Scientist, the one who examined the remains of Tzar Alexander and his family. I didn't know non-fiction could be so spellbinding.
Both sound very interesting! - I'll have to look those up. Thanks!

Snowlilly wrote: View Post
Finished the first disc book "The Color of Magic". There are soooo many Terry Pratchett books O.o.
Aren't there just? - Luv The Colour of Magic

TorontoTrekker wrote: View Post
I finished Manifold: Origin this morning on my commute to work. I found the first three-quarters or so rather dull, but the last quarter really picked up.
I'm (currently) only 42% into it an finding it a rather dull read compared to the first two, glad to hear the best is still waiting for me

I was a little taken aback, though, when I came across a passage that seemed very familiar - I could be wrong, but I think it was either paraphrased or outright plagiarized from 2001.
Maybe that's why I've had this terrible feeling of déjà vu while reading the Manifold's.

Now that I've finished the trilogy, I need to figure out what to read next. I have some 30 or 40 unread books on my shelf. What to choose, what to choose...
Phase Space? - That's what I'm contemplating reading next