View Single Post
Old August 24 2013, 02:06 AM   #40
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618
Re: Latest Gay Celebrity Outing

Nagisa Furukawa wrote: View Post
sidious618 wrote: View Post
Nope. You're willfully missing the point because you can't argue against what I said. Oh, well.
Your point, please correct me if I'm wrong, is that if a number of people independently say the same thing to DalekJim, then the problem is him and not the multiple people with opposing views to his. But this ignores why a majority of people might separately think the same thing, as well as assuming as a fundamental part of the argument that because "if everyone clashes with you then it's likely not everyone else's fault," the majority must be right because more people are clashing with DalekJim than agreeing with him. I don't even see how what you're saying could even work an argument without the "most is right" assumption.
The reason you can't see it is because you're willfully misreading me. I actually somewhat agree with DalekJim that this actor's outing has gotten more press than it deserves considering other news going on. It's his attitude that's the problem, not what he's saying. He's had this problem in most threads he posts in (and you, because you two follow each other in a way that I've never seen on an online message board before). It's gotten to the point here and in SFF forum that Dalek Jim's posts usually wind up throwing a thread off target because of his confrontational manner and his need to bash for the sake of it. There's literally ZERO reason he needed to come in here and shit on this actor's coming out other than to bash him. This is a pattern and I've noticed it because he tends to post in threads I do (or would but then stuff like this happens so I don't).

I'm going to stop replying now because I've done too much to begin with and this thread has gotten way off tangent. If you have more to say then you're more then welcome to PM me.