View Single Post
Old August 23 2013, 06:17 AM   #237
t_smitts
Commander

Re: The Single Worst Line of Dialogue in the entire Star Trek Franchis

CoveTom wrote: View Post
^ Spock never said that, not once. It comes from the "Star Trekkin" parody song. It's one of those things like "Just the facts, ma'am" with Dragnet or even "Beam me up, Scotty" from Trek that never was actually sad.
And "Luke, I am your father".

Anwar wrote: View Post
t_smitts wrote: View Post
I think I'll go with Janeway's speech at the end of "Alliances". I think that was Janeway at her soapbox-iest. Essentially, they've gone right back to where they were at the start of the episode: under constant attack by the Kazon, losing crewmen here and there, no allies to speak of, and we have Janeway saying Starfleet rules are the best allies they can have.

Um, no, they're not. Actual allies, like the Talaxians in "Basics", and the aliens in "Year of Hell" and "The Void" are the best allies you can have.
Well, they tried their best. They saved the Kazon leaders from the Trabe assassins, and the Kazon weren't grateful in the least. They were never going to get a good alliance out of them.
Yes, the Trabe proved to be untrustworthy, but there's absolutely nothing in the episodes that justifies this whole extolling the virtues of Starfleet rules at the end.

Starfleet rules didn't prevent them from aligning with the Trabe and Starfleet rules didn't help them out of any particular jam they found themselves in.
t_smitts is offline   Reply With Quote